Forum • Visa tråd - Do I need the högskoleprov?

Cookies

Europeiska unionen och Sveriges riksdag kräver att alla hemsidor informerar läsare om cookies. Denna sajt använder cookies för Google Analytics, för att spara döljande av notiser och annonser och för andra funktioner. Ifall din webbläsare är inställd på att acceptera cookies tolkas det som samtycke.

[ dölj detta och visa notiser i menyn nedanför vid nya händelser ]

Forum

Användare som besöker denna kategori: Inga registrerade användare och 1 gäst

Do I need the högskoleprov?

Requirements, application, admission, et cetera.

06 jan 2017, 20:10

I'm a Canadian/British citizen with a Canadian education and I'm looking into applying to Swedish med school for autumn 2018, first I will be taking a year-long Swedish course to prepare, but I want to know if I need the högskoleprov in order to get in? I have applied to the Swedish course already and antagning.se has given me a merit rating of 22.5 with my current grades which I know is the best possible, so do I still need the other exam in order to get in to med school?
heatherhfkk
Blivande läkarstudent

06 jan 2017, 23:16

heatherhfkk skrev:I'm a Canadian/British citizen with a Canadian education and I'm looking into applying to Swedish med school for autumn 2018, first I will be taking a year-long Swedish course to prepare, but I want to know if I need the högskoleprov in order to get in? I have applied to the Swedish course already and antagning.se has given me a merit rating of 22.5 with my current grades which I know is the best possible, so do I still need the other exam in order to get in to med school?

Hello Heather!

You will not have to take the Högskoleprov test if you have been given a rating of 22.5 since it will most certainly be enough for whatever university you're applying to. Considering you're a foreigner and not familiar with the swedish language your chances on achieving a sufficient rating at Högskoleprovet are very slim.

However, make sure that you're eliglible for applying to medical school without having to take any additional courses.

I wish you the best of luck in you're preparations, studies and stay here in Sweden.

06 jan 2017, 23:37

You MIGHT need it for medicin at KI but you should be able to enter any other uni in Sweden without it.
Here you can find statistics: https://statistik.uhr.se/.
Medicin is called "läkarprogrammet".

Go for it!
Balou

07 jan 2017, 12:42

Thanks everyone! I've checked my Canadian classes for Swedish equivalency and I have the Canadian equivalents of engelska 6 (obvi), matematik 5, fysik 2, kemi 2, and biologi 2, which I believe meets the requirements (minus svenska 6, which I will be taking a substitute course for). I feel really lucky since I know most Americans don't have the math requirement unless they took AP calc, but fortunately math is slightly more accessible in Canada :glad:
heatherhfkk
Blivande läkarstudent