"Reservplats" and acceptance

Requirements, application, admission, et cetera.
Confused Mom

Inlägg av Confused Mom »

Hello,
I am a confused mom and I suppose I should just let my kid figure all this out.
But I just wanted to get it clear in my head.

My kid is in the B2 quota
Waitlisted as
14 in Uppsala
20 in Stockholm
Accepted in Linköping

MP are 22.50
HP is 1.3

Can they accept the wailisted place in Uppsala and take the spot in Linköping?
Or do they lose the spot in Linköping if they accept the waitlisted spot in Uppsala?

What do you think of their chance in Uppsala?

Thanks for your time!
Användarvisningsbild
Nils
driver läkarstudent.se

Re: "Reservplats" and acceptance

Inlägg av Nils »

Hello confused mom!

They can safely both accept the Linköping University spot and accept the reserve spots at both Uppsala University and Karolinska Institute (Stockholm). If they are admitted in the second admission phase to an education they ranked higher, they are automatically excluded from educations they ranked lower.

For instance, if they get accepted in Stockholm they automatically lose their place in Linköping - which I imagine is what they would prefer, since Stockholm was given a higher priority in their ranking. If they are admitted to Uppsala, they are excluded from both Stockholm and Linköping. This is important to know, though, in case they have a change of heart and develop a preference for Linköping over the other two options.

As for the chances of getting admitted to Uppsala with reserve spot #14 in the BII quota, my gut feeling is that the odds could be something like 50:50. I should be able to give a more sure answer after the second phase of the admission process.

I wish your kid good luck with the admission and I hope this post helped make the situation more clear for you; if there are any more questions, or if something in my answer could have been more precise in some regard, feel free to ask more questions!
:)
Very Confused Mom

Inlägg av Very Confused Mom »

Sorry Nils, I have been trying to answer for a few days. I can't sign in and I can't seem to get a new code either.

Thank you very much for your answer. It clarified things for me. Now we will just cross our fingers (American custom) and hold our thumbs!
Användarvisningsbild
Nils
driver läkarstudent.se

Inlägg av Nils »

I have sent you an e-mail regarding your problem with signing in.
Confused Mom

Inlägg av Confused Mom »

Ok, now we have more information.

Waitlisted BII

3 in Uppsala
10 in Stockholm
Still holding a place in Linköping

I figure my kid will need to start at Linköping on the 26th.
It's strange that they start the earliest of all the schools.
Luckily we have family there, so there is a place on a sofa for awhile!

Can you explain the Antagning.se statistics a little bit for me?

Univ/högskola Urvalsgrupp Antagningspoäng Antagna Reserver
Urval 1 Uppsala universitet BII 22.50 12 948
Urval 2 Uppsala universitet BII 22.50 13 495

So I see the numbers saying - They took in 12 people on the 1st round
then on the 2nd round they still have 12 people plus they took in one extra for a total of 13 students in the BII group.

Because my kid was number 14 in Uppsala earlier I am going to think that of the people that were wait-listed 1-11 either they changed their mind to study in Uppsala or up to 11 people got accepted elsewhere and gave up their spots in Uppsala.

I am probably not making this very clear, sorry! Did I understand this part correctly?

Next question -
So when we look at your statistics from BII for Uppsala Reservantagningsgräns
med HP-urskiljning reservnummer efter urval 2
VT13 HT12 VT12 HT11 VT11 HT10 VT10
#3 #7 #7 #3 #5 #6 #15

In the past Uppsala has been calling the people that were Wait-listed (for the most part) #1 - 3 and sometimes up to #6 or 7 and adding them to the class. So, it seems like there is a very good chance my kid will get in to Uppsala. At least I hope so! My kid has a job and an apartment there.... What do you think?

And my final question.....
My kid is here in the USA until the 23rd. Will Uppsala only call once and then move on to call another person? How can my kid make sure they find out if they are called, will Uppsala send an email too?

Thanks for all your time and answers to all the people at this site!
Användarvisningsbild
Nils
driver läkarstudent.se

Inlägg av Nils »

It has never happened before in Uppsala that reserve #3 (after phase 2) was not offered a spot in quota BII, so I would guess that your kid will be living there (though this is not yet 100 % for certain, just very likely, and the spot might also be offered after the start date in Linköping).

You interpret the antagning.se statistics correctly; after phase 1 a total of 12 spots were taken by applicants and following phase 2 a total of 13 spots were taken by applicants. You also have the right idea of how the waitlist progression works.

They usually try to call several times. I am not sure if they will send an e-mail though I would expect them to, should the phone call fail. To stay on the safe side, it might be a good idea to contact them directly (the admission unit of Uppsala University or the student counselor for the medical degree program) and let them know that the spot would be taken if offered and that any offer is best sent through e-mail because of the current geographic location.
Confused Mom

Inlägg av Confused Mom »

Thanks so much for your quick reply. Feeling less confused and hopeful!
Confused Mom

Inlägg av Confused Mom »

Well...kiddo is studying in Uppsala!
Användarvisningsbild
Nils
driver läkarstudent.se

Inlägg av Nils »

Congratulations! :)
Confused Mom

Inlägg av Confused Mom »

Just wanted to let you know that my student will graduate from Uppsala Uni in Jan 2019. I appreciate all the help and support you gave us back in the beginning!

:glad:
Skriv svar