Do I need the högskoleprov?

Requirements, application, admission, et cetera.
heatherhfkk

Inlägg av heatherhfkk »

I'm a Canadian/British citizen with a Canadian education and I'm looking into applying to Swedish med school for autumn 2018, first I will be taking a year-long Swedish course to prepare, but I want to know if I need the högskoleprov in order to get in? I have applied to the Swedish course already and antagning.se has given me a merit rating of 22.5 with my current grades which I know is the best possible, so do I still need the other exam in order to get in to med school?

Inlägg av Guest »

heatherhfkk skrev:I'm a Canadian/British citizen with a Canadian education and I'm looking into applying to Swedish med school for autumn 2018, first I will be taking a year-long Swedish course to prepare, but I want to know if I need the högskoleprov in order to get in? I have applied to the Swedish course already and antagning.se has given me a merit rating of 22.5 with my current grades which I know is the best possible, so do I still need the other exam in order to get in to med school?
Hello Heather!

You will not have to take the Högskoleprov test if you have been given a rating of 22.5 since it will most certainly be enough for whatever university you're applying to. Considering you're a foreigner and not familiar with the swedish language your chances on achieving a sufficient rating at Högskoleprovet are very slim.

However, make sure that you're eliglible for applying to medical school without having to take any additional courses.

I wish you the best of luck in you're preparations, studies and stay here in Sweden.
Balou

Inlägg av Balou »

You MIGHT need it for medicin at KI but you should be able to enter any other uni in Sweden without it.
Here you can find statistics: https://statistik.uhr.se/.
Medicin is called "läkarprogrammet".

Go for it!
heatherhfkk

Inlägg av heatherhfkk »

Thanks everyone! I've checked my Canadian classes for Swedish equivalency and I have the Canadian equivalents of engelska 6 (obvi), matematik 5, fysik 2, kemi 2, and biologi 2, which I believe meets the requirements (minus svenska 6, which I will be taking a substitute course for). I feel really lucky since I know most Americans don't have the math requirement unless they took AP calc, but fortunately math is slightly more accessible in Canada :glad:
Skriv svar