Europeiska unionen och Sveriges riksdag kräver att alla hemsidor informerar läsare om cookies. Denna sajt använder cookies för Google Analytics, för att spara döljande av notiser och annonser och för andra funktioner. Ifall din webbläsare är inställd på att acceptera cookies tolkas det som samtycke.

[ dölj detta och visa notiser i menyn nedanför vid nya händelser ]


Användare som besöker denna kategori: Inga registrerade användare och 3 gäster

About the internship for a non-EU doctor

Accreditation, permit of residence, Swedish language, licensing, specialist training, et cetera.

10 aug 2015, 22:14

Thank you so much dear friend for the very detailed response .. Words fail to describe my gratitude towards you guys .. !

However i didn't get this point :
" It is hard to get a work permit and permanent residency in Sweden for non-EU residents that are not refugees. It is a complex situation involving long handling periods, EU, severe competition for jobs, strong unions, and etcetera."

Does that mean i wont even be able to find an Underläkare position , due to the work permit ?
This is depressing ..

Hey is having a clinical experience in my country helpful in order to get directly to the internship ( AT) without having to do the Underläkare ?
In other words , does it increase my chances into bypassing the Underläkare periode ?
Inlägg: 8

10 aug 2015, 22:34

I will try to explain a little better but the system is a mess and I feel like you have to be a lawyer to understand it. You can apply for an underläkar position but it has to be announced correct in the whole European Union. Jobs at fulfill those requirements. This prevents you to informally search for jobs in Sweden, in fact it would be illegal. If you get a job you can apply for a work permit, but I am not sure if it is worth it because these positions are often temporary, usually six month, constructed to fill the gap between graduation and AT. This short time creates a problem with insurance, social care and permanent residency. My friend has lost and can’t hire good computer engineers from outside EU to his company because of these complex laws.

I talked to a friend who is underläkare in a town in the south west part of Sweden and he earns 27000 SEK a month. He think that when he gets his internship he can negotiate that up to around 32000 SEK

It will probably help but you will miss valuble time to practice and improve you language skills.

10 aug 2015, 22:46

Hi Stewie!

Great fun that you want to come to Sweden! Which country are you from? And why do you want to move to Sweden? If you answer theese questions it will be easier too answer youre last question.

10 aug 2015, 23:05

Hello again and thanks for your replies ,

I'm from Marocko :)
and i'm very intrested in research therefore , i couldnt find a better destination rather then Sweden !

To the friend who replied earlier , and quote :
" If you get a job you can apply for a work permit, but I am not sure if it is worth it because these positions are often temporary, usually six month, constructed to fill the gap between graduation and AT "

So What is the alternative ? If i don't get the work permit to start doing the underläkare ? And please can you clarify what kind of problems does it create afterwards ?
Inlägg: 8

12 aug 2015, 10:00

So guys .. Anyone has an idea abiut my last question ?
Inlägg: 8

12 aug 2015, 12:34

Since your last question is more of a legal/logistical one, and the likelyhood of anyone at this forum holding that kind of legal expertise low, my suggestion is that you contact Migrationsverket directly and ask them:

Once Migrationsverket have answered your questions regaring work permit, it would be benefitial to others if you could post the information you gather here in this forum, in order to help others interested in doing the same journey as you.

Good luck :tur:
another visitor

12 aug 2015, 14:18

I think you should read the links that are posted above. They are very good and explains the journey in a great way. After reading the one from Arbetsförmedlingen I can tell you that you can work as an underläkare when you passed the Swedish test and the TULE test. That process usually takes 2-3 years including the validation of your papers (1st step). After a year as underläkare you will have a greater chance for an AT-position.

11 aug 2016, 21:11

Hej everyone,
I have medical license from Socialstyrelsen,and recently i got job offer as underlakare in a private clinic(lakarhus),so i would like to know what is the difference between private and non private vard central in Sweden,is it ok for me to start my practice at private clinic?
Secondly what should underlakare do during his work,does he work with the specialist doctor Or he has to work on his own with the help of senior colleagues?
Tack sa mycket

23 aug 2016, 10:10

Hello Fernando and welcome to this forum!

I've tried to answer your questions in the separate thread you created. Let us divert further discussion to that thread!

Best of luck :tur:
another visitor

06 mar 2019, 08:18

I am gratitude for this wonderful explanation. As I am preparing for clinical research fellowship, it is great help for my preparation.